Thursday, April 4, 2013

Movies

Roger Ebert, a noted film critic, passed away today. Hearing the news bought me back to when I was 10. The symptoms if my depression had just started to kick in and I was becoming more isolated and anti-social. To fill the time, I would watch movies. I wanted to watch GOOD movies though, after seeing so many terrible ones. So I would stay up until 1:30 am so I could watch At The Movies with Ebert & Roper.

Roger Ebert is the kind of person I want to be like when I grow up, he was passionate, opinionated, intelligent and had a wonderful way of verbally handing people's asses to them that I only hope I can do someday.

To honor his memory, I found a few quotes from BF of Eberts best pannings of films. They are funny, honest and illuminating. The best three


About 'Last Rites': "It is not only bad filmmaking, but it is offensive as well - offensive to my intelligence."

About 'A Lot Like Love': "To call A Lot like Love dead in the water is an insult to water."

About 'The Brown Bunny': "I had a colonoscopy once, and they let me watch it on TV. It was more entertaining than The Brown Bunny."
(He was right y'all, this was easily the worst thing I ever saw. Comparing it to the video of Budd Dwyer killing himself and the video of that guy with a severe syphilis outbreak that caused his junk to swell out to 50xs its size...I'd rather watch both shock videos on a loop with my eyes taped open.)

See you at the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment